- Ideal candidate profile
- Number of applicants and Language
- Annual schedule of entrance examination
- Application steps
- Briefing session
Ideal candidate profile
We will welcome students who have studied either biomedical sciences or physical sciences/engineering/informatics, and who are willing to study the other discipline and fuse them together. People who have worked as a physician or an engineer are also very welcome.
Number of applicants and Language
[Number of applicants]
15 (Total number of students enrolled in spring and fall)
English(responses in Japanese acceptable)
Annual schedule of entrance examination
We have the entrance examination twice a year, one in late August and the other in late January or early February.
[STEP1] Contact to two desired mentors
After confirming the research field of each faculty mentor, contact to two desired mentors by e-mail and ask for a permission. Choose one mentor from biomedical sciences, and also choose another mentor from physiological sciences / engineering / informatics. Decide which mentor is your main mentor.
The followings are required.
- Applicant information
- Research plan (about 1000 words in English)
- It is necessary to submit a TOEIC official certificate or a scorecard for TOEFL test takers.
- Desired mentors; one from biomedical sciences, anothre from physiological sciences / engineering / informatics.
- Recommendation letter from the dean of your department or your supervisor
- Examination fee
Oral examination I concerns (1) knowledges in biomedical sciences, physical sciences, engineering and informatics, (2) ability to adapt to different fields of study and (3) linguistic proficiency.
Oral examination Ⅱ concerns your research project proposal upon admission and career plan.
We have briefing sessions before the entrance examination.